ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Schwery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:28:36 -0400
Hey, Phil, was that teacher Dr. Burgeson?  Yep, his playing was
terrific and he was a Godly man.  I think he went home, a few years
ago.  He had this arrangement he wrote of, Onward Christian
Soldiers.  At the beginning and end, he played on the lower keys to
show the soldiers marching.  Sometimes, when he played that song in
public, the piano would be turned, facing the audience so the people
could see how he was doing the marching sound.  I had him for intro
to music and I enjoyed him a lot.

John