ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:36:20 -0500
Waiting on God

Psalm 37:3-6

Godly waiting requires action. Does that surprise you? God asks us to do our
best work right where we are (1 Corinthians 15:58) and to get along with
others
until He moves us elsewhere. (Romans 12:18) As we wait, we are to exhibit
righteous character, which is...

Patient. When God doesn't answer quickly, we may get frustrated and try to
manipulate our desired outcome. With the Spirit's help, we can be patient.

Trusting. Trust means believing that the Lord is in control, has our best
interests in mind, and will arrange things for our good and His glory.

Quiet. Confidence in God brings believers a calmness of spirit. Fretting
about difficult circumstances and people is to be replaced by a continual
seeking
of the Lord's presence.

Steadfast. We are to stand firm with our focus on Jesus and continue to do
the work we have been given to carry out.

Discerning. When solutions come to mind, we need to distinguish the source:
Are they our own ideas, the world's suggestions, or the Lord's direction?
With
wisdom from God, we will discern where He is at work, what our part is in
it, and which action we're to take.

Courageous. Courage is not the absence of fear but a calmness and stability
in the midst of it. Although we do not see God, we believe He is at work. A
resolute spirit is required if we are to wait on God.

Delays present us with opportunities to show the world what Jesus'
transforming power has accomplished in us. When God says, "Hold still," how
do you react?