From:
Marcy Haber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:23:47 EDT

Well, I must thank of of you who replied. My trip will be that much easier
now. As you can imagine I will not starve thanks to all of you who  replied.
On another post I found a great idea of using frozen peas instead of ice
packs. Wow that will really help. I actually ended up with frozen leaf spinach
which was harder then the peas. Now I can take my usual foods for lunch
Another note is that we are staying at the Four Seasons Hotel in Vancouver
and they already notified the chef that I will be arriving. I was impressed
with  that. They said that gf is no problem.

Vancouver

_Panne Rizo (I received this bakery, cafe over and over again with rave
reviews) they have a website too
All Safeway and Save On Foods (large grocery chains)
both have sections  that focus on health and gluten free
foods - ready made, frozen and mixes for  baking.
Also IGA
Marketplace carries some. Most 'Natural Food Stores'  have
gluten free products. Choices Market has a gluten free
bakery -
 There is an excellent wheat free and gluten
free bakery named  Mountain Top Cafe and Bakery in north
Vancouver,

Caper's store.  (Check the website or phone book.) I think they are  within a
block of each other at about 6th and Cambie in downtown  Vancouver.

Anchorage
1. Marx Bros. Cafe, 627 W 3rd Ave
2. Outback, 101 W 34th
3. Simon  & Seafort's, 420 L. Str
4. Sullivan's, 320 W. 5th Ave

(*)    _www.sillyyakbakery.com/glutenfree.html_
(http://www.sillyyakbakery.com/glutenfree.html)   Mike was kind enough to take the time to send restaurants
for Anchorage and  Seattle and also they will ship their goods to you.
Majestic Valley Wilderness Lodge, at about Mile 113 on the Glenn
Highway
east of Palmer in South-central Alaska.

 Seattle

Canyon's Restaurants
Daniel's Broiler
Wild Ginger
Kaili's Restaurant and Bakery
Cafe  Flora in Madison Park
Seastar
Yarrow Bay Grill at Carrillon Point
Third  Floor Fish Cafe
Oceanaire
Bis on Main
Edgewater Hotel
Cheese Cake  Factory
PF Changs
1. Benihana, 1200 5th Ave
3. Buca di Beppo, 701 9th Ave N.

A little farther out is Da Vinci Bakery and Cafe, a totally gluten free
bakery and cafe at 1003 Greenwood in north Seattle.

Cafe Flora is a vegetarian restaurant that would have gluten free  options
:  _www.sunnyvalleywheatfree.com_ (http://www.sunnyvalleywheatfree.com) . The
 owner wrote that they are 20 miles outside of Seattle and she would be
willing  to make mostly anything
she kept in the freezer if it was not served that day. How nice.

In Seattle, one of the best grocers for gluten free food is the PCC Markets
(they are Co-ops). The closest one to downtown Seattle might be the one in
Freemont, at the foot of the Freemont bridge.  Another, of course, is Whole
Foods which is at 64th and Roosevelt.

Marcy