Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 1995 17:13:02 -0800
From:
"Wendy E. Betts" <[log in to unmask]>

I just got mail from Thomas Mace & Associates, who used to distribute
Basco gluten-free products.  Apparently the company went bankrupt but was
purchased and the products reformulated with better ingredients (but the
same recipes.).  So far they have their bread mix back but won't have the
other items until April.  The phone # is 1-800-My-BREAD.  They are now
located in Colorado (a bummer for me, I used to get their products very
quickly.)

My personal experience with Basco was that they were quite tasty mixes,
and fairly reasonably priced, esp. compared to the GF Pantry. I used
to have weird reactions to them though--not celiac reactions, but like
hot flashes.  I'm hoping this will no longer be a problem with the new
ingredients. In any case, no one else I ever talked to had any
problems with their products.  They make a bread, cake, cookie and
pastry mix, all very tasty, and also distribute for Authentic Foods,
who make Bean Flour products.

Wendy Betts, [log in to unmask]