Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 1995 00:58:30 -0700
From:
Julie Anne May <[log in to unmask]>

> People with celiac disease experience marked intestinal symptoms such
> as diarrhea and gas upon the consumption of foods that contain gluten,
> such as products made from wheat, oats, rye, and barley.  Upon the
> elimination of gluten-containing foods, the symptoms disappear.  Some
> people with IBS may experience an aggravation of symptoms with the
> consumption of similar wheat-related products, but it is not these
> foods that actually cause the symptoms.

Don, I have to agree with you this does not seem correct.  Although I
have learned that most people with Celiac Disease do have what's called a
Celiac belly that 'looks' like gas bloating.  As to the rest of it, not
all Celiac can report exactly the same symptoms or same results from
starting the Gluten Free diet.

Julie wonders where this person got their information.
         Julie May -- Manager of Resources, Orbital OnLine Services
       WEB page = http://www.online.edmonton.ab.ca/~jmay/index.html
         Running both Celiac and Environmental Illness WEB pages.