Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 16:27:57 EDT
No, I want to format the compaq which is not working and they don't  use.  I
know how to do it on this computer but wanted to know if there was  a
difference in the formatting of XP on different computers.  They would  have their own
XP cds.   Harriet
-----------------------
As far as I know the procedure would be the same, since both are using
WinXP.
If you are trying to format a drive that the system is currently  running on,
I don't think you would be successful.  If you have the  WinXP installation
disk, you can go through the procedure of reloading XP  and during that
procedure it will ask if you want to repartition and or  reformat the
partition(s).

I'm not sure just what you want to format,  so you have a rather "open"
question.  Are you adding a drive? Or do  you want to format the drive which
the system is currently booting  from?

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads