From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 21:56:31 -0700
--- Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>A personal goal of mine is to get
> my fasting BG down
> to the low 80s.  The reason is that this appears to
> be the level at
> which insulin production is at baseline.  That is,
> in a non-diabetic,
> there is always some insulin production going on,
> but when BG goes above
> about 83, insulin production increases.

I've been worried about this too, as my fasting BG has
risen into the 90's.  I know that the ratio of fasting
triglycerides to HDL cholesterol is a surrogate marker
for fasting insulin. I wonder how accurate of a marker
it is, as most of us here have very good tg/hdl
ratios.

Makes you wonder what is better, slightly elevated BG,
or slightly elevated fasting insulin. You clearly
don't want both as that would most definitly spell
insulin restistance...

Mark

Mark