NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:19:09 -0400
I am often told by "experts" that the children and I need to
supplement with calcium tablets because we aren't eating dairy.  I
finally got fed up explaining how you can get calcium from other
foods so I decided to show them how much calcium I eat on a daily basis.

I fed my food intake for 3 weeks into a program that calculates the
nutrient value.  It turns out that I am averaging 1700mg of calcium a
day. Not bad, just have to eat a lot of greens to do it.  LOL

I think I am going to do it  on the children's food intake before
their  next well child visit and take it into the appointment with me
as I am having the devil's own job convincing their ped that they are
having a well balanced diet that contains no dairy.

Shez in Norfolk.