From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:10:15 -0500
    Anthony:

I have accessed the monitor function with the 746 as you describe, but my
problem is that you don't get much volume to the audio, even with
headphones.  I find that if I turn the VFO tuning knob clockwise, the volume
only comes up so far, and that isn't very far at all.

Do you know of any way to increase the monitor volume?

Also, I have never used the compressor function on the 746.  Can you tell me
how to turn that on and off, and how to regulate it?

It's amazing that I've used this rig for 7 years, and still don't mess with
so many of its features;  I guess it has worked so well for me as it is set
up that I saw no need to do so.

If you'd like to e-mail me "off list" my address is:

And, I couldn't agree with you more.  We are all here to help each other,
and we are like one big family or fraternity.

Let's not let our various opinions about the FCC's latest rulings get in the
way of what we're really all about.  We are all hams, and I hope we can all
accept each other and agree to disagree on certain things we can't control
or do anything about.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ