From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2006 18:32:31 -0500

>Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV wrote:

>Ahem. Scuse me while I beat the Elecraft drum.

Never heard of Elecraft. What do they make? NO HF possibilities here
in this location.

>Elecraft is also making efforts towards accessibility. (I,
>personally, own two very accessible Elecraft rigs! A cw op's dream!)

You darn lucky thing you! You are indeed Blessed by God if you can do
all that inside a one-room apartment!! HI HI!!

>Too bad Ten-Tec's attitude seems very similar to Yaesu's, as
>evidenced by their total lack of any useful response (apart from
>positive noises by one engineer guy) when I brought up accessibility
>with them as regards their QRP rig, which was all software-defined
>and everything...a couple years ago. I don't have high hopes for
>their latest offering, but I'll be glad to be surprised.

I'm so disappointed with TenTec right now I could spit! My TenTec
Omni C and all its paraphernalia got stolen in the move from Illinois
to Wisconsin. I will never be able to afford any more HF gear again,
and will never probably operate any more CW. I love CW!

88's,
Reeva Parry, K8DMU