From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:51:09 -0600
Most HT's have a super charged receiver in them so that they can compensate
for a small and usually poor quality antenna.
Their receivers are likely more sensative then your typical mobile and
therefore will pick up more intermod and noise then the mobiles.  They also
lack adequit filtering due to size limitations in the older rigs.  You would
probably find that a new HT would not get so much noise and would be about
the same as the mobile unit.
This is due to improved filtering at a smaller level and advances in
technology over the years.
73
Colin, V A6BKX