From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:46:06 -0600
funny you should mention dropping off a 100 foot tower buddy...a local ham
here, while up a 210 foot tower had his IC 2at come off his belt and fall to
the concrete pad at the bass...he said other then the fact that one corner
of the casing where the ht landed was cracked, the radio still functions
fine to this day.
In Fact, he still uses it on a regular basis as his bass radio and I have
personally seen the radio....they are indeed built very tough.
The chassy that holds the circuit board in place is really well built
compared to most HT chassies these days.
73
Colin, V A6BKX