From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:46:07 -0600
not many rigs period have all those bands in one, and those that do, aren't
terribly accessible as far as speech boards and what not.
Yaesu has the ft 8900 or is it the 8800, which has 10M, 6M 2 and 70CM.
Your best bet would actually be to buy an all mode HF VHF rig such as the IC
706  which would give you 160M through 70CM.  These rigs are pretty
inexpensive on the used market these days, certainly cheaper then buying an
actual quad band rig.
Of course, no radio on the market has the ability to give you 6 M, 2M 1.5M
(220) and 70CM...although something like the TH F6A will give you 220, and
the IC T90A will give you 6M.
If a hand held will suffice, the IC t90a is pretty much what you might be
looking for with 6M, 2M and 70CM in it.
Other then that, an IC706, IC7000, or TS 2000 would definitely fit the bill,
if not the pocket book.
73
Colin, V A6BKX