From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:59:03 -0400
    Hi Hank,

Mike Premis, W2OY was one of the most notorious renegades of the 1940's
through the
1970's.  He was located in Lancaster New York--just a few miles from my
location.  He was a devotee of demon rum and was a real potty mouth and
while the heyday of repeaters was not really achieved during the pinnacle of
his notoriety, he was a terror of the HF bands in the area for over 3
decades.  He had friends in the local Buffalo office of the FCC and they
went easy on him for quite a while until his normal opening rant that went
something like:

"no kids, no lids, no space cadets, no WB2's in Novice shoes..." got quite
vulgar and racist.  I don't remember the whole thing, but it included
anti-Semitic and racist comments.  His operating skills left a lot to be
desired too--loud over driven audio, AM only and very sloppy transmit
equipment, deliberately trying to drown out the newer SSB operators, ETC.
ETC. ETC.

He got his come-up-ence when he was found tethered to his radio tower dead
as Charles Dicken's proverbial doornail--from a heart attack.  He had been
hanging there for a couple of days--a rather fitting ending to what many
people in the Buffalo, NY area believe was a thoroughly reprehensible human
being.