From:
Lowell Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:14:02 -0400
Jim, with all respect to you, I think you will find that the Drake 1A was a
tube receiver.
I had two of the Drake 2B receiver and they were later and were tube type.
The 1A must have come out about 1961 and were not near as popular as the 2B
became.
I do not think that Drake used anything solid state until the Drake TR3
which had some solid stat components in the VFO.
That's my best memory anyhow, HI HI.
73
Lowell  W8QIY