ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 11:46:02 -0500
Hi Loving Ones,

Thank you all for taking time to read my email of frustration. The
problem has been solved.

I just wanted to let you all know, that Kathy, the Post Master here
in De Smet who was questioning me sending braille material to my
blind friend in Portland, called me back, and she said that it is
legal, what I am doing. She's not the one who got upset with me, but
I got very upset with her. She is not required to know whether the
person who I am sending the braille material is blind. That is up to
the post office on the other end to question or check that one out.
Since that person who is to receive this braille material is legally
and totally blind, and she does receive material from her regional
library. She's on this list, too. <grin>

And, for the record, Loving Kari, I also informed her that anyone who
is handicapped, regardless of their handicap, can send materials in
braille or other accessible format such as cassette or large print to
other handicapped people, as long as they are receiving talking
books, or books in braille, from the NLS. <smile> Kari, I did not
mention your name to Kathy. <grin> lol.

Thanks so much for praying, as I really have a problem with people
questioning our accessibility rights.

God answered that prayer, and mighty fast. <smile>

Love and Blessings,
Pat Ferguson