ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 19:10:46 -0700
Hey Lelia!
I love it! Just for fun, I found an old address book I had and looked for
you. And sure enough, there you are!
LeliaClay.
 I enjoyed that summer, especially that session with you all so very much! I
will always, always remember "Christmas in July"! I remember we were all
waiting for Santa Claus to come to our cabin with lots of presents, and how
incredibly and wonderfully excited we all were! I remember every time anyone
heard the slightest sound we went running, flying for the door making enough
noise forat least a hundred kids! That was precious and I believe it was one
of the best "Christmases" I ever had!
I went to Camp Bloomfield myself as a camper for thirteen years. It was
sutch a tremendous experience and I was so blessed to have the chance to be
a counselor and hopefully a mentor to a whole group of blind kids I might
never have gotten to know otherwise!

It is great to run in to you again on this list.
Oh, you asked about a guide dog. I did'nt have a dog then. Besides, we
really weren't even supposed to use a cane around camp. Actually, I felt
like I knew my way around pretty well for the most part, but in heinsight, I
wish I had used one more of the time. I went to GDB and got a golden
retriever the year before, but I ended up returning her after a few months.
I waited about three-and-a-half years before going to The Seeing Eye where I
got my first german shepherd. And now I am with Vignette, my fourth dog from
there.
Do you have a dog?
I got to play with the Freedom Box one time. That was pretty incredible! I
remember it was very easy to listen to radio stations on the internet from
all over and I listened to some good movies also. I wasn't sure if the
company was still around. Have you had your's long? And also, which one do
you use?
It sounds like you are doing pretty well. This is great to hear! Thanks as
well, for the update on Cassy.
The peace of Christ and His many blessings to you!
Sheila and Vinnie