ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 15:53:41 -0500
Hello Folks,

I thought to give an update on my nephew Andy who was in the bad accident
last April. He and his fiance have had to move out of their apartment due
to finances. Fortunately they are able to stay at her grandparents cabin
on a nearby lake for as long as they need. Heather, his fiance has had
some health issues for some time and now diagnosed with having an ulcer.
Which isn't good, but better than Kron's Disease as they had thought. So
with dietary care and stress reduction she ought be able to whip that one.
Although stress reduction is likely hard considering she is the  only
driver in their household now  as well the only one who can sign papers,
make arrangements and etc.  She serves as Andy's legal guardian at this
point. He has to write a letter to the judge to prove that he is willing
and able to marry heather. Talking to him today, he is thinking after his
surgeries. Granted they are living in a less than desirable situation as
live-ins yet, but she is sold out committed to him and they are for all
intents and purposes one. I'm feeling I ought snug up to the line of
showing them God's love and Christ's salvation and etc. It isn't that they
don't know where I stand, and seen how a miracle has taken place with
Andy's recovery, but nonetheless we don't always get it until it is
pointed out a couple hundred times. Anyway. Their son will be going in for
an assessment on his corrective surgery on the day after thanksgiving. He
had a procedure done a year ago to date almost, to expand his skull due to
the lack of a soft spot enough to make room for the brain to grow. He's a
little stinker and runs around as any other toddler. When they did the
surgery last year, they nicked a nerve that controls lazy eye so they are
fixing that now. So then, with Andy he is going in  October 31 and having
a procedure done to try to expand the skin on the scalp. They will put in
disk like expanders on the side of his head which are expanded I believe
with a solution weekly to expand the skin. The doctor is concerned however
with his skin tightness now and the scarring that he has, and the ability
to heal properly from this procedure. They are afraid it will not close
proper, open him up to infection, plus the body's desire to reject foreign
objects, and so they are concerned for the success of the procedure and
his being able to withstand it. they said without this procedure, doing
the reconstructive surgeries needed yet on his skull would give him a 40%
chance of survival.  I don't know the percentage of survival with the
procedure done. They are going to try to get the scalp stretched enough to
do the surgeries around or after Christmas. I am not sure what is going on
with the family. His younger brother who was pretty close with him and
really  upset at the time of the accident isn't returning his calls and
doesn't seem to care about what is going on, his sister is mad at his
finance for telling truth about his mother's claims  of helping him, and
so there is some family dynamics which aren't good. So I would ask if you
would to pray for the family unit to be repaired. To my knowledge none
know the Lord,  so to say,  but yet family ought be there for each other.
Also pray for his surgical procedure to be a success and no infection or
subsequent problems resulting from it, as well a peace about it all  going
into it. I tried to stress not focusing on the procedure but the results
afterward and past that point, and come to think of it this time I hadn't
mentioned praying, but I have before and am going to try to get him
pointed toward God. It  could be tough to explain if god is so good then
why did this all happen in the first place and so forth. Yet the recovery
is nothing short of miraculous and I can't imagine God has gotten him
through to this point for no reason. He seems in good spirits over all. I
sent him some money to help out their financial situation and he said it
came just when they needed it which I was glad to hear. I don't know if I
mentioned it but  a friend of his mother had brainstormed a benefit
dinner/auction for him, and to be quite frank, it is obvious it was a ruse
to gain money by someone which I'll not publicly say here. But I believe
he was taken advantage of while his hospital bed was yet warm from his
release, as they only benefited $600 out of  the entire benefit when there
was at least three times that sold in dinner tickets alone. Anyway, I
can't go down that road or I'll be on the phone regretting my words to
someone. Finances, peace, health protection, and joy through this all is
appreciated for Andy and Heather and their little one. Thanks so much.

Brad