From:
Pam Marbach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Marbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 23:48:49 -0400

Hello:
I wanted to tell everyone about the good experiences I had last week
traveling to San Fran/Napa/Sonoma and Sausalito. I will also be sending
another summary about Minneapolis as after returning from Calif, I was in
Minn on business.

I have had celiac for 25 years (diagnosed at age 1), so I have been used
to the gf lifestyle for quite some time, but will still worry sometimes
when I go to new places. Both Minneapolis and Calif were awesome. I highly
recommend both as celiac friendly places.

San Francisco: We stayed at the W Hotel right across from Chevy's which
has a gluten free menu Mexican food. It was delicious. The manager was
awesome. We also visited See's Candies(most if not all are gf). We ate in
China town at P and G lounge, which had pretty bad service, but I was able
to get steamed chicken and broccoli.  The Sir Francis Drake was cool too,
there is a great view and I had a few Chopin and Cranberry cocktails there
(confirmed it was Ocean Spray). The hotel room had Starbucks coffee which
was also great. There was also an italian restaurant who made me a
delicious baked salmon, though i don't remember the name. Sorry.

Napa and Sonoma(we went to numerous wineries and sampled many wines with
no problem. The views and landscape are awesome, though my allergies
(grass,trees) were bothering me a bit

In Napa, we ate at the Rutheford Grill which had a few gf waitresses. They
were VERY accomodating. In Sonoma, the Girl and The Fig restaurant was
also verY acsomodating, I had a delicious ribeye steak. If you are ever in
the San Fran area, i recommend Sausalito as well. It is great town on the
water, we ate breakfast there. Most breakfast places were pretty
accomodating providing me with bacon and hard boiled eggs. There is also
an Asia De Cuba there(we did  not go there as it was too expensive, but
their food is supposed to be wonderful and they were willing to call the
NY location to get the gluten free menu)

I had a wonderful trip. I could go on, I did not have any stomach
problems, besides feeling full a lot! If you get the chance to go, I would
definitely do it. If you have any questions, feel free to email me!
Pam in Atlanta