ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:58:33 -0600
     Maybe I told about this personal dream I had many years ago.
I'm repeating now due to its prophetic nature.

     We were members of a large Baptist church at the time.  I had
been involved in many areas of ministry within this church but
things had changed in my life spiritually.  One night, I dreamed I
went to Chicago with my pastor, and several other men, for a Bible
conference.  When the meetings were over, my pastor said that I
could not ride back to Denver with them.  I asked him how I was
supposed to get back then.  He put me in a hot air balloon and I
lifted off.  The balloon was yellow.  Everything else in the dream
was black and white except for some red letters.

     I felt a great deal of concern floating high over the land
and wondered if I would make it back to Denver or not.  When
Denver finally appeared in the distance, I felt better.  Better,
that is, until my hot air balloon began drifting to the south.  I
wondered where I was going.  As the balloon continued drifting
slowly to the south of Denver, I saw I was close to the mountain
peaks.  Over the top of the mountains, in tall red letters that
must have been 10 feet tall, it said Rocky Mountains.  I thought
at the time that this seemed weird because I knew they were the
Rocky Mountains.  I felt worry and concern again as the balloon
continued floating to the south and I wondered again where I was
going.

     Eventually, the balloon landed in New Mexico and I came down
right in the middle of a group of men.  They were so friendly, I
decided to stay with them.

     The next morning, I awakened with the most profound sense of
peace I had ever experienced.  It was almost like a thick cloud
all around me and I felt it all day long.  There are no words to
describe the feeling but it was wonderful.

     A year later, I made one of the most difficult decision of my
life.  I left the church we were in and we went to a Charismatic
church.  The meeting of these people was miraculous in and of
itself because I had been filled with the Holy Spirit and had been
looking for a church to join.  I was very concerned about finding
the right place for my family.

     One day I hung up the phone after talking to another church.
I told the Lord that I had no idea where He wanted us to go but I
was giving up on finding such a place.  He would, I said, have to
bring the people to me.  The next day, He did just that.

     As I made friends with the pastor, they offered to pick me up
to go to my first Charismatic meeting of my life.  It was their
monthly Saturday night mens meeting.

     Six months later, I remembered my dream.  This church was in
the south part of Denver.  The first meeting was with a group of
men that were very friendly.  The name of the church was Rocky
Mountain Fellowship.

     For many years, I wondered why the balloon was yellow.  I
finally looked it up in the dictionary one day.  One of the
definitions was the color of gold.

Phil.

He's ready when you are.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com