ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:27:46 +0100
Sharon,

I was not able to get round all of the exhibitors this year, the heat being
one of the problems.

The Royal National Institute for the Blind were showing a refreshable
Braille unit for £1200, which is about half the price of any thing I have
seen in the last few years.

I was also looking for a PDA and there were two that I saw. Dolphin Systems
had one which was an "of the shelf" model with Pocket Hal built in, and the
other one was the same type of thing from Humanware, and that is the one I
have bought.

I think the area which is seeing the greatest movement is in large-type
screen output, which is of no interest to me as I am totally blind.

Any way it was a great day out and I was able to speak to many old friends.
Oh, the one I have just remembered is a talking bible in a machine which is
about the size of a mobile phone, and I am hoping that Ginny will buy this
one for my birthday, it will have NASV in it, and very good speach output.

Love, David and Ginny Weston.