ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:43:32 -0700
Hi all!

Speaking of Holidays, I asked my care provider, Blanca, the same thing.  She
came to the States from El Salvador as a teenager.  I don't remember all of
them, but they celebrated the passover!  I asked her if they celebrated it
as Christians, and she said yes.  The 15th of September is like our 4th of
July.  they have a day for taking flowers to the graves of loved ones too.
One thing I'd like to do someday is visit a pentecostal, Messianic Jewish
Synagogue, to celebrate the passover, Hanukkah, and experience any other
traditions that have been passed down.  One of my nieces is getting married
to a Jewish man next year, but he's not really religious.  Please pray for
both of them, because it sounds like they need to be saved or brought back
to the Lord.  that would be much appreciated.  Their names are Simon and
Annie.  They're living in the Catskills Mountain area in New York, the last
I heard.

Later!

Sharon