ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Aug 2006 09:19:55 -0500
                             CHRIST AT THE CENTER
       A few years ago Fast Lane magazine conducted a survey to find out
whose lives its readers would most like to emulate.  Lt. Colonel Oliver
North placed
first.  President Ronald Reagan placed second.  Clint Eastwood was
third.  Fourth place was a tie between Lee Iacocca and Jesus
Christ.  That's a sad commentary
on our society!

       I heard about a young woman who went into a Denver jewelry store and
told the clerk she wanted to purchase a gold cross on a chain to wear
around her
neck.  The clerk turned to the display case and asked, "Do you want a plain
one, or one with a little man on it?"
       We live in a world where Jesus ties for fourth place with Lee Iacocca
and is referred to as a little man on a piece of jewelry.  But, for Christians,
Jesus Christ can be nothing less than the very center of our lives.  Paul
wrote:
       "For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ
and him crucified."  (I Corinthians 2:2)

       Are we truly consumed with knowing Jesus Christ?  Oh sure, we
understand the necessity of the cross and the resurrection, we understand
its connection
with salvation and forgiveness from sin.  But do we really recognize the
importance of Jesus Christ continually in our lives?
       Do we see Christ as the Lord of our lives, telling us what to do?  Do
we see Christ as the model of our lives, showing us how to do it?  Do we see
Christ as the power in our lives, giving us the ability to do it?
       May Christ have his rightful place at the very center of our lives.

Have a great day!
Alan Smith