ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:58:50 -0600
     The Tennisons were speaking at a church camp.  Their only son
was in seminary.  That week, he was taking exams for his PHD.  His
mother said that during those three hours each day he was taking
his exams, she would be on her knees praying for him.

     The last day of his exams, he called his mother and said he
wanted to talk to his dad.  His dad, he was informed, had left
that morning and at that very moment, his dad was on the airplane
flying to the next meeting.  Their son said that he was just
hoping to talk to his dad one more time before the last exam but
he understood.  They hung up.

     A little more than three hours later, their son called his
mom to report that he felt he did well on his exams.  He said, "It
sure was nice to hear from dad before my exams, too."  Sister
Tennison said, she wasn't aware that his dad called him.

     Later that day, sister Tennison received a call from her
husband.  He said that he had just landed and was checking in.
Sister Tennison asked him how it was he was able to call their
son.  He said, "I didn't call him.  I was on the airplane so I
couldn't have called him."

     Calling her son back, he insisted his dad had called him and
he could prove it.  He said that as he left his room, his phone
rang.  Thinking it might be his mom calling back, he quickly
unlocked the door and ran for the phone but it had quit ringing.
He played the message back.  It was his dad.  He said on the tape,
"Son, this is dad.  I just wanted you to know I was praying for
you today."  Sister Tennison heard the recording over the phone
and said it was her husband's voice.  She asked her son to check
the time of the recording.  He did and gave her the figures.  She
wrote them down.  She said, that time was the exact time her
husband would have still been on the airplane flying to their next
meeting where she would be the next day.

     When their cell phone bill came, there was a one minute call
at that exact same time, but her husband's cell phone was turned
off and in his carry on bag which was in the overhead storage ben
of the airplane, at that exact hour and minute.  If Mr. Tennison
didn't make that call, who did?

Phil.

He's ready when you are.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com