ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:42:58 -0400
Hi Guys,
Well, thanks for praying.  The meeting resulted in an outcome that I
never expected.  The majority ended up voting to remove both flags
from the sanctuary altogether.  We've moved them to the fellowship
hall and now, I'm going to begin working on  a display to go with
them that points out our godly heritage.  Amazing.  I don't know if
the veteran who has not been back will come back now either, but the
majority, most of us actually, voted that Christ and the people are
more important than a few pieces of cloth.  Yea.  A lot of prayer
went into yesterdays meeting and heads stayed pretty cool and
collected.  Everyone had  their turn to speak and I believe that the
matter was handled well.  Thank you Lord for your peace.  This was a
real test of our ability to handle conflict in a mature, godly
way.  If we are going to change and become relevant to the community
around us, many more changes will have to be made and more toes are
probably going to get stepped on in the process:  not intentionally,
of course, but everybody has their thing.  Anyway, this was a small
way of demonstrating to all of us that we can weather conflict and
come out the other side friends.  If we can just keep The Lord, and
His purpose, front and center I believe that there is hope.  Thank
you so much for your prayers.I know that they helped to bring about a
godly outcome.
Kathy