ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2006 13:11:58 -0400
Hi guys,
	Well, I actually have a few minutes to myself to sit and think, so
why not get you caught up on the saga of my wonderful
prodigal!  GRIN!  We finally heard from him this past  Sunday.  He
called to wish Greg a happy Father's day.  I think that Greg was a
little disappointed because after talking to him for only a few
minutes, Chris asked to talk to me.  Anyway, we're all caught up on
the events of his life.  It's a mixed bag, as always.  The program
that he is involved with has moved Chris into another place.  From
the way that Chris described it, it sounds kind of like a town
house.  Even though the place is a two bedroom, Chris is there alone
and he loves it.  Who wouldn't.  He believes that he's about ready to
take the G. E.D. and he has talked to a recruter once and has taken
the pre-military test which determines your strengths and
weaknesses.  He still hasn't talked to Greg's Brother David, who has
been in the military for 21 years, because he just doesn't want to
make the call.  He's still with Nicki and all that mess.  Nicki's
brother has been arrested twice now for drug trafficking, but Chris
insists that he's not involved.
	Now, for the flip side.  We don't know exactly what the truth
is.  Chris says that he quit is last job and his old roommates say
that he was fired.  Anyway, Chris doesn't have a job right now.  His
X roommates either trashed or sold almost everything Chris owned,
including most of the things that we had given him over this past
year, so he really doesn't have   much to his name any more.  His X
roommate was eliminated from the program and so he and his girl
friend totally trashed the apartment that they were living in.  Chris
did say that he went back to the place with some of the workers
involved with the program to help clean up after they were
gone.  Chris had never been allowed in most of the apartment because
the roommate and girlfriend and baby had pretty much claimed the
place.  Chris said that there was lots of mold and garbage to deal
with and it was pretty gross.
	Chris told me that he only sees about two or three of the people now
that he used to hang around with.  Pretty much, everyone is two faced
in the street crowd and drug culture.  He's paying a high price for
his freedom, that's for sure.  I just pray that he gets sick of the mess soon.
Kathy