From:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Medresearch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:37:40 -0500

I ... haven't tried anything other than the mock rye bread - but
I can't seem to locate it in any of my cookbooks.  It might have been in a
CSA newsletter or something, it used very simple ingredients.  It turned out

great.

I just bought an aebleskiver cast iron pan but have not used it yet. I had
planned to convert the aebleskiver recipe using GF flours.  I will email you
if I have success.  I will be interested in the replies you receive.

There was one suggestion to to take regular recipes and convert them to
gluten free because they come out very well.

Just want to let you know that the Swedish recipes I found through the
Swedish celiac foundation don't call for wheat starch, but do call for
Fiberhusk. From what I can figure, it is a gluten free source of fiber that
helps with the texture of baked goods.  I'm wondering if it has an effect
similar to xanthan gum.  I found that Fiberhusk is available in England and
Scandinavia, but haven't found any reference to it here in the US.  I plan
to try a recipe substituting xanthan gum for Fiberhusk. Who knows how it
will turn out!

Several kind people either offered help with Swedish recipes because of
having studied the language or offered help to use an online translator,
whatever that is.  Boy all of you are very knowledgeable of high tech stuff!
Paula

I buy a great "Rye-less Rye" bread at Trader Joe's -- though I've heard they
don't carry it in the Western stores.   (We live in Indiana.)

Several people recommended recipezaar.com and sent me links to several
recipes.  Several people recommended the Sons of Norway website www.sofn.com
which has recipe section.