Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:09:55 -0500

Hi All--

Thanks to everyone to responded. The first few replies I read reminded me
that I need to be more specific about the product I'm writing about - I had
forgotten that there is the Pure Montina Supplement (nothing but the rice
grass), and the Montina Flour Blend (contains a blend of Montina and a few
other flours plus dry mild powder). I was writing about the Pure Montina
Supplement - strictly the rice grass.

Three or four people wrote to say they were lactose intolerant and had
problems with Montina in that regard, so I'm assuming they were using the
flour blend.

A number of people wrote to say they had no problems whatsoever.

One person wrote to say her allergies to grasses prevented her from eating
any type of grass at all - even rice grass.

Then there were some who wrote to say that Montina caused horrendous pain,
cramping, diarrhea, etc.

So...since my stomach and intestines in general felt as though a Brillo pad
had passed through, I'm thinking that Montina is simply too harsh for my
system. I don't get the pain, cramping, diarrhea - whenever something
irritates my stomach lining or intestines, I tend toward gastritis, peptic
ulcers and constipation. I stopped eating the bread with the Montina on
Friday night - I'm now almost three days Montina free and I'm feeling
better. There's more happy gurgling sounds coming from my tummy, so I'm sure
I pinpointed the problem.

A research study posted here a couple of months ago indicated that those
diagnosed with celiac over the age of 30 do not heal completely. I would
tend to agree with that assessment. While there may not be any noticable
damage to the small intestine, I think there might be mucosal immunology at
play that doesn't allow us to digest foods as we should - even being gluten
free.

Thanks, again, to all who replied.  ~~Ayn in Alabama

*******
*******