From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:45:20 -0700

Hi Celiacphiles,

I am receiving a lot of very good replies about blue cheeses.
I will post my summary but in the meantime here is a warning message
for us to read labels because all food companies are different. One
message I received was about a cheese company that listed wheat as an
ingredient but the blue cheese was gluten free! The company was just
using up old labels!

The warning message:

It's funny you should ask because I was getting ready to post about
the subject of Gorgonzola Cheese today.

The REAL truth, everyone, is that we still have to READ the
ingredients - case by case.

I searched on the GF sites and got the impression that gorgonzola was
GF.  I bought gorgonzola cheese two days ago and did not read the
ingredients...a rare event.  Made an apple, walnut and gorgonzola
cheese salad.  Three hours later the bad news arrived and I spent the
rest of the night in the small room eating Immodium.

Next day I actually READ the ingredients , and there for all the
world to see, in the ingredients list, was WHEAT.

Another lesson reinforced to pass along to my dearly respected
friends on the listserve.

Jackie in Maryland