From:
Kelli Schulenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelli Schulenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2006 13:10:07 -0600

Hi, all!  I'm sorry it has taken me so long to summarize this, but it has been nonstop since I went to Denver.

Any PF Changs will have a GF menu.

Bloom @ Flatiron Crossing has GF options.

Canyon Cafe @ Flatiron Crossing.

A bunch of you said Abrusci's Italian restaurant, I-70 & 32nd/Youngfield has a GF menu and really good food.  303-232-6161.

www.goodhealthpublishing.com has a list of GF restaurants.

Vesta Dipping Grill downtown a few people mentioned.

Highland Garden Cafe at
32nd and Perry in Northwest Denver

Also, here is the link to the local CSA group, with its recommendations:
http://www.geocities.com/csadenver17/

* I  also eat at LOLA's in downtown Denver alot -MY FAVORITE!-they know GF well-   720-570-8686 (THEN     PRESS  2) 1575 Boulder St (on corner of Boulder and 16th)

*ALWAYS TERRIFIC IS MAGGIANO'S on the Denver Mall downtown-they always stock GF pasta

*also Pei Wei (part of the PF Chang group)is in CO-more casual,
*In a book of GF rest. nationwide, I FOUND THESE : Vesta Dipping Grill 303-296-1970 www.vetagrill.com. & Wolfe's bbq 303-831-1500, Abrusci's 303 2320242, Jax Fish House 303 292 5767.

The answer I received the most was BeauJo's Pizza, with several locations around Denver/Ft. Collins area.  We ate dinner at BeauJo's in Arvada and it was delicious!  I can't say enough about BeauJo's.  I just hope they open up in Wyoming someday!

Deby's was our breakfast stop.  Awesome food, nice people.  We really enjoyed ourselves there.  They have such a variety, it felt nice to be "normal" for a little while.

And as far as the Outback's Corn Cakes, the verdict is that they are NOT GF.

Thank you to all who responded to my Denver question.  I did get a copy of a newsletter on Word to Denver area Celiacs with a mountain of info, if any of you would like me to forward it to you.

Thanks again!

Kelli in WY
"...Green fields for miles and miles...Ain't nothing but country on the radio dial...I thank the good Lord I was born and bred...Corn fed..."  -Shannon Brown