Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 16:09:05 -0700

First off, I need to apologize to the great people of Madison for misspelling the name of your fine city in my original post! I had it as Madisson! Doooop! Sorry about that!

  Second, I would like to thank all those who responded. The information you provided was extremely useful. I do get to Madison a couple of times a year, so it will continue to benefit me in the future.

  Here are the (capsulized) responses I received:

  Imperial Gardens on west side on University Ave (not east side
location)
Otto's on Mineral Point Road.
Biaggi's on far west side.
Dardonelles on Monroe  Street.
Crave just off State Street(corner of Henry and Gorham).
Le  Chardonney just off State  Street on Johnson.
Papa Phil's on Monroe Street.
L'Etoile on capitol square (really upscale).
Red Robin off the beltline hwys 18/151a
Bunky's on Atwood
Silly Yak Bakery
Magnus

  I was also provided this link to the Madison Celiac group website that maintains a listing of GF friendly restaurants in the Madison area:

  http://www.madison.com/communities/gluten-free/pages/restaurants.php?php_page_set=0

  We ended up eating at Bunky's on Atwood (www.bunkyscafe.net). The waiter was extremely familiar with the disease and he also told us they are planning to add many more GF entrees in the future! Currently, they can substitute GF pasta in many of their pasta entrees. They also can make other subs in their other entrees as required. They are very flexible and helpful. They also have GF pizzas available. We had grilled shrimp on a bed of rice that was absolutely fantastic! Zero problems. What a great place!

  Dwight Senne
  Marion, IA