Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 21:44:12 +0000

I received the following regarding my inquiry about the GF status of Bartles &
Jaymes wine coolers:

From:  <[log in to unmask]>
To:  <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  Case# 132307
Date:  Tue, 16 May 2006 14:42:04 +0000

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your interest in our winery.

J. Gallo Winery, Modesto, California are completely free of gluten or any
gluten by-products.

Under our Bartles & Jaymes product line we produce two kinds of coolers; a
wine-base and a malt-base as indicated by the label. The wine cooler is gluten
free. Under the Boone's and Boone's Farm line we produce both wine-base and
malt-base products. The wine base is gluten-free. In addition, our winemakers
advise that our cider beverages under the "Hornsby's" label do contain gluten.
Also, our winemakers advise that the brandy made by E&J Distillers, including
Cask & Cream, may contain trace amounts of gluten.

We appreciate your giving us this opportunity to answer your questions. We
hope this information is helpful.

Tammy Adcock
Wine Consultant