THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pauline Lathram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 10:06:58 -0400
Timed release T3 is available only from a compounding pharmacy.  Any druggist
who specializes in compounding medications can obtain directions for
compounding timed release T3.  If you live in a large city, there is
certainly a compounding pharamacist in the area.  If not, mail order is
available.  Our doctor insists on using mail order since he is not personally
familiar with the compounding pharmacists here.  We use mail order from
Wellness Pharmacy in Birmingham (1-800-227-2627).

Of course, compounding has a price!  But T3 is fairly short acting, so this
can be helpful.

Good luck.  BL