THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Hess, Pam" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 May 1997 17:52:51 -0400
I finally got the results of my nuclear scan and there is a nodule that
needs to be biopsied.  My internist is sending all information to the
endo.  Unfortunately I couldn't get in to see him until June 30th.  I
told my internist and she said wait till he gets the report and call for
the biopsy appt.  He may or may not want to move up your appt.  She did
not seem to concerned as she said these are usually benign.  Sure, it's
not HER thyroid!!!  Is this common to wait so long for a biopsy?  Maybe
it's nothing but I'd sure like to know before 2 months.  Sorry for
venting but this really has me upset.  The HMO system is not all it's
cracked up to be!!!

Thanks, Pam