THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Cowing <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 11:32:38 -0700
More Info on the Zone Diet:

(1) AOL zone boards

1.  Go to KEYWORD (at the top right of your screen)
2.  Type PEN
3.  Scroll down through the lists in the box on the left side of the screen
until you get to DIET, EXERCISE, AND FITNESS.  Double click
4.  Scroll down again in the box and double click on GET INTO THE ZONE
5.  Double click on ZONE RECIPES
6.  Then, double click on the icon at the bottom right of the screen, TALK
ABOUT THE ZONE
7.  Then click on BROWSE FOLDERS
8.  Double click on ZONE DISCUSSIONS
There you will find many posts about the zone diet.  It is a forum where
you can simply lurk, or post and become involved in the discussions.

(2) Free Zone Software:
ZoneBuddy is a meal planner put together and have available for (free)
download.  It is written as a spreadsheet application and the Excel version
is by far the better one.  A Lotus version is available and will run with
most spreadsheet programs (with
Microsoft Works and ClarisWorks being the most notable exceptions).

site address is:
http://www.goodnet.com/~len/zonediet.htm

alternate  but different software sites:
http://www.starlighter.com/zone/zb_intro.htm

http://super.sonic.net/ann/zone/calc.html-ssi

(3) Zone Information Web sites:

http://www.he.net/~zone/

ftp://he.net/pub/zone/zoneweb.txt

http://solid.net/zone

http://www.enterthezone.com

http://members.aol.com/ajbloom/zoneveg/

http://ZoneLand.com

http://www.netrition.com/

http://www.users.cts.com/crash/d/dbrowndc/zonefaq.htm

http://www.eicotech.com/

http://www.goodnet.com/~len/zonediet.htm

http://triemme.com/performance/zone/faqs.htm

http://zonehome.com/

http://members.aol.com/ajbloom/zoneveg/index.htm
           (for vegetarians)

(4) News Groups

TalkCity http://www.talkcity.com/ hosts a lowcarb chat, Tues. 7 pm, Pacific
time. Introductory remarks for the chat say it's for discussion of Atkins,
Zone, etc.

Also, check out Sears' books, Entering the Zone
and Mastering the Zone.  Sears' webpage is the
"www.enteringthezone.com" address.

"You may subscribe to the new zone list now...  It is [log in to unmask]     and
the instructions for subscription are:

Email to [log in to unmask] with the following command:
subscribe zone     for the regular list and
subscribe zone-digest for the digest.

To unsubscribe you will have to send mail to the same address with
unsubscribe zone   or unsubscribe zone-digest.

http://www.fish.com/~asya/zone/ is the web page associated with the new list."

Official Zone website -- http://www.eicotech.com/

http://www.he.net/~zone/primer/zonediet.html

http://thyroid.miningco.com/library/weekly/mcurrent.htm

At 07:30 AM 7/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Sandra,
>I have been on thyroid medication for about 21/2 years after suffering an
>almost incapacitating lack of energy.   . . . .So for about a month I have
been on 0.1 Synthroid and the Zone diet for about two weeks.  (I am looking
for a new doctor!)