From:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 21:45:36 -0400

I had a memorable experience tonight.  I had a meal in a restaurant
where the staff made me feel that they were honored to have the
opportunity to make me a safe meal.    This is in stark contrast to
most of the restaurants I have tried.

When I made the booking I asked if they could accommodate my dietary
requirements.  The person who took the booking wrote my requirements
down in the booking book and when we were seated our waiter
immediately asked which one of us had the dietary issues.  He then
offered me a whole bunch of ideas for my meal.  He demonstrated that
the chef fully understood the risks of cross contamination and that
he was taking special precautions to ensure that my meal was both
gluten and casein free.

For anyone in the Norfolk, VA area, I highly recommend "The Byrd and
Baldwin Brothers Steakhouse".  Do not be fooled by the name, this is
a fine dining establishment with a good wine cellar.

Sherene