THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

From:
Marysia Woroniecka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 09:09:19 -0400
Marisa wrote:

>  I started having unbelievable
> pain in my upper thighs and could barely walk,

when i was hyperthyroid, i too had incredibly weak muscles in my
thighs.  i found it really hard to walk up the stairs and if i crouched
down to pick sojmething up, i had to literally *heave* myself back up
like an old woman - and THAT i am not!

i went through rai and am now on synthroid after going hypo earlier this

year and my muscle tone has totally changed.  i am back to my old
strength.  in my case, the onset was gradual and at first (before i was
diagnosed with graves) i just put it down to being generally unfit!

> some glandular thyroid support and started taking one every two
> hours.  The pain is backing off, the muscles still hurt but its
> better than it was.  I do not understand this thyroid thing at
> all.  And finally my question, do you think this stuff will
> actually help or am I going to hurt myself more?

so there you are.  sorry - don't know anything about the thyroid
supplement that you are taking.

marysia

--

Marysia Woroniecka
The Primary Group

"I want to live like a poor man with plenty of money"  Pablo Picasso

LACK OF CHARISMA CAN BE FATAL