THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

From:
Kristin Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Aug 1997 21:38:05 -0400
I am wondering if this is in my head, or if anyone else has had problems with
this. I started taking Levothroid about 6 weeks ago, and was doing great.
Before starting this my TSH was 26, after it was 4.6. I was taking a sample
pack that my doc gave me, but when those ran out, I had to get it filled at
the pharmacy. My insurance will not give me an option of having generic or
name brand, so I started Levoxyl, it's generic. My doctor explained to me
that the reason generics are generics is because they are allowed to vary the
strength by as much as 2% which does not effect most generic drugs, but when
dealing with thyroid, could make a big difference. Well, I started the
generic drug, and now I feel crummy again. I have been tired, and achy,
haven't started getting cold yet. I am wondering if this is allowing my TSH
to go up again. Anyone else?

~Kristin