Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jeanne Webb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 21:58:21 -0400

Well, it looks like we should all love NYC, the GF restaurants are
numerous and highly recommended.  There may be some duplicates, and a few
people's replies got left out if they recommend a duplicate site and had
no personal information to post re that recommendation.

NEW INFO I GOT:

http://www.babycakesnyc.com/
BABYCAKES NYC 248 Broome Street (between Orchard & Ludlow) NYC, 212-677-

http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/geo_county.php?county=New%20York%20
(NYC)&state=NY   Thee is a whole list of restaurants here

http://www.risotteria.com/  This seems to be especially popular, open 7
days, noon to 11:00p.m.  RISOTTERIA 270 Bleecker Street, NYC 212-924-6664

no#1: Pizza Risotteria, 270 Bleecker Street (in the Village), 212-924-
6664,
www.risotteria.com
no#2: Restaurant Sambuca (great food, huge portions, said someone who had
been there), 20 W 72 Street, 212-787-5656 (between Central Park and
Columbus
Ave. www.sambucanyc.com
no#3: Angus McIndoe, 358 W 44 Street (next to THE PRODUCERS), 212-221-9222
www.angusmcindoe.com. Another quote: best hamburger ever!
no#4: Coast, 110 Liberty Street, just west Trinity/Church Street,
212-962-0136. No website for this one - could't find one.
The McIndoe one is kinda classy. The first two look the best in my opinion.

http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/

You are probably going to get this site as an answer to your question
many times. But this group has done a fantastic job in NY. The
restaurant you are thinking of is Risotteria in the village and it is
FANTASTIC -- first time I had had pizza and beer in 9 years!!! The
breadsticks are amazing. It is a very small place, very casual, and
very fun!!!! Also, try Bistango on 3rd for Italian. (This is is the
Gramercy Park area).

Eating in NY
(212) 922-3663
Bloom's Delicatessen Cafe
New York, New York 10016
Bloom's New York Delicatessen & Restaurant features a special gluten
free
menu including amazing gluten free French Fries!!
------------------------
Lumi's
963 Lexington Ave
Near intersection of Lexington Ave and E 70th St
Pricey but worth it.  They had a special celiac menu and everything was
cooked to order.  Best risotto I've had in years.
--------------------------
Risotteria
270 Bleecker St
New York City, New York 10014-4101
Neighborhood: West Village
Tel: (212) 924-6664
---------------------
Artisanal Fromagerie & Bistro
2 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016
Cross Street: 33rd Street
Phone: (212) 725-8585
Open for Lunch
------------------------
Ruby Foo's
(212) 724-6700
(212) 724-4761
2182 Broadway
New York, NY 10024
(Pan-Asian food, the chef's mother has celiac, I eat there  frequently
and
get the pad-thai) (77th and Broadway)
-------------------------
JOSIE'S RESTAURANT & JUICE BAR
300 Amsterdam Avenue
at 74th Street
New York City, NY 10023
212 769-1212
212 873-3913
open for lunch
-----------------------------
O'Lunney's Times Square Pub
151 W 46th St,   New York 10036
Phone: 212-840-6688
Fax: 212-840-0692
---------------------
Black Duck Restaurant on 28th St.--Chef Hector Tice, and restaurant
manager Diana Vouvoudakis took tons of time with me to understand and
adapt items on their menu to suite our gluten free diet--heartily
recommend them:212-204-5240
Sambuca
(212) 787-5656
www.sambucanyc.com
 20 West 72nd Street.(close to the Museum of Natural History)
They have a separate Gluten free/wheat free menu and the food is served
family style. GF menu has many pasta, chicken, meat and seafood
options.