From:
"C. Kuni" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:58:16 -0800
Cynthia > If humans had to work hard physically to get their food, perhaps
we would not be so inclined to overeat.

Jim:  I really like this thought and agree with it wholeheartedly.  But I
believe that oftentimes we overestimate the amount of effort it took to get
food....   .....This is the reasoning I've used to justify my two to three
times a week of intense activity.

Cynthia: Yes, I think your approach is well-reasoned.  But most of western
society is so far from a healthy attitude toward exercise. I see people wait
long minutes for a close parking space at the grocery store -- the
antithesis of natural human food-gathering skills.

*****
Chris:
It is the same reasoning used by Art Devany in his excellent essay
too  http://www.arthurdevany.com/webstuff/images/RevisedEssay.pdf

Cynthia: I got a blank screen when I tried to follow your link.  Any ideas?