From:
Gery Gaubert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2006 21:27:50 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Gery Gaubert [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 9:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: a few

1st, for the person who wanted a list of Canadian repeaters.  Check last
week or the week before for information on repeaters on the courage
handiham news letter.
Also, I am shopping for a radio that will give me the most bang for my
buck.  I have a friend that has a Kenwood 940 that I was told is a good
rig for HF communication.  Is there another radio that will give me 2
meter  and 6 meter coverage?  I will be taking my test in a few weeks
for tech and am already planning to take the general as well as morse
code test either right before or after the beginning of the year.
I am also wondering, I hear people talking about RACES and ARES and sky
warn and all that where can I go to see what is available in my area?  I
live about 25 miles west of New Orleans Louisiana.  My zip is 70070.
Any help is greatly appreciated.o