VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:41:29 -0400
Hi all,
Oh this thing is p***ing me off!!!!!
First of all, the darn thing won't me be an administrator on my own fricking computer, and there's no da** sighted help for God sake!
Then, now, I listen to the main menu demonstration of reading using omni page.
I have omnipage SE, and here's what happens.
I open omnipage SE using jaws for windows.
I pressed altp and it says process menu
I then up arrow to start and pressed enter.
Thhen, it scanned the document, and here's what it's doing.
It says "omnipage SE dialogue", while it's scanning, it says this, "6%, 60%, 98% 100%", and of course I know that is the scanning percentage.
Then I get this stupid bell and it then says,
"text editor, Omnipage SE dialogue, OCR proof reading is complete, ok button."
Then I pressed the space bar and it says, "how, describe origional how?  Scan B&W automatic save as file edit, type in text."
Then it says, "text editor saveas dialogue, type in text."
Now, look folks, all I want to do is read the da** thing.
The guy in Canada that did this demonstration just finnished the scan and read the da** thing!!!
I don't want to save the thing, I want to READ the thing.
Now, tell me, step by step, how do I get this thing to read with jaws for windows?
So, then it says filename edit,
then I tab down and it says "saveas type, combobox, and there are 30 choices to choose from.
then I tab down and it says cancel button.
then I tab down 1 and it says advanced greater.
then I tab down 1 and it says save and launch and the checkbox is checked.
then I tab down 1 more time, and it says save in combobox, and there are 2 choices,
my documents and
my computer.
then I tab down 1 more time and it says toolbar up 1 level button.
then I tab down 1 more time and it says folder view list view.
There are 4 folders here, my music, my pictures, schedule OCR input, and schedule OCR output.
That is it folks,, somebody give me a hand.
If I can get this, I can show everybody how to read only using jfw.
But I can't do that without someone walkin me through step by step1!!!!!!!!!
Oh this is P***ing me off!
Harry

    Send comments on list operation to
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]