VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dino Cardamone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dino Cardamone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:09:33 -0400
Hello all,

I am currently using a desktop pc with XP home edition.  I'm very interested
in a cheap and simple piece of software that I can use to do a few simple
things.

1.  Capture streaming audio from the web automatically at a pre-set time.
2.  Edit the sound files with simple cuts and pastes in as short a time as
possible.

Currently I'm using Real Audio (from the web) and Creative Studio (which
came with XP) to capture the streams and edit them.  The drawbacks to using
these tools are that any other audio which happens to come on my PC while
recording, like the new email bell, also gets captured on the recording.
Also the editing, which I do with the Creative tools, can only be done on
WAV files, which take huge amounts of memory and disk space, not to mention
hours to perform very simple edits.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dino Cardamone
Pittsburgh, PA USA