VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:17:43 -0400
Hello Anjalee and other interested parties:

As for your driver search I did a Google search on "CDR driver norcent ew520
win 98" and drew a blank. That is no matches were found. If possible go to
the manufacturers web site. You may find the driver you need there.

As for how web sites and newsletters make money, George packed a lot of
information in his posting. If you are able to get a web site up or a
newsletter out it should be something to attract attention. Like George
said, something you want to promote that other folks would have an interest
in. Most sites and newsletters generate money by selling advertisements. The
advertisers would pay you to place their adds on your site or in your
newsletter. You may collect revenue by having folks click on a particular
add. The more they click the more money comes in. You get paid when people
click on the add. The search engine Google gets a lot of their add revenue
this way.

Another way to make money with your web site or newsletter would be to
charge them a subscription fee. Like magazines do.

There are quite a few hosting sites for web pages. Some sites you pay to put
your web site on their hosting site. Think of it as renting space. For
example see http://www.ez-web-hosting.com/ the host site may want to place
there adds on your web page so be sure and read the fine print.

Here is a directory to free web hosting: http://www.freewebspace.net/ Again
they most likely will want to place their adds on your web page so be sure
and read the fine print.

Your third option and this one might be the best is to check with your I S P
(internet service provider) to see if they allow their customers, that's
you, to provide space for your web page for free.  I know Comcast does this
for their customers.

. Now as for learning h t m l (hypertext markup language): This is the
language most web sites are written in so they can show up in your browser.
Most sites furnish templates so the process of getting your site up and
running is simplified. This may be menu driven and there are other folks on
this list that may be a lot more qualified to talk about this than I am.

No matter what you decide to do, weather it be newsletter or web site,
remember make it accessible! .

Links in this posting:

http://www.ez-web-hosting.com/
: http://www.freewebspace.net/