VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stu Turk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:55:12 -0400
Please send comments on list operation to

Since I've given up on a regular notebook, or at least a Dell and Gateway's
notebooks seem to be identical, I've been looking at G W Micro's SmallTalk
computer on their website.  However, I haven't seen any comments on this
computer which, aside from its $3,000 price, seems ideal for the totally
blind.  Has anyone used or at least seen the SmallTalk and can comment on
it, good or bad?I'm especially interested in the speech sound quality from
the small speakers (I'm deaf blind and have a cochlear implant.)
   Also, can anyone comment on how difficult it might be for someone who has
been using Jaws for four years to adapt to WindowEyes, which is included
with the SmallTalk?
   Stu Turk, Pittsburgh PA   USA

    Send comments on list operation to
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]