From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2009 23:57:22 -0700
Do you mean like the fat in, say, avocados???  I could eat those all day!!!

Love,
Bren, hoping this post goes through...

Jim Swayze wrote:
>> William >  The ratio of fat:meat is perfect
>
> The proper ratio for those on a low to zero carb diet of fat to protein is 75 to 85 percent fat (by calories) to 25 to 15 percent protein.  I'm certain well made pemmican meets this requirement -- personally, I love "75% lean" ground beef.
>
> The key -- and very few well-informed, well-meaning low carb paleo advocates get this -- is to LIMIT PROTEIN INTAKE to approximately 100g per day, making up the balance in quality fats.  For those starting out, it can be hard to do for the first few days.  But once over that hump, it becomes almost instinctive.

Quite right, thank you for correcting my sloppy language.
However 50% jerky to tallow by weight is working well for pemmican.

So I scroogled and found:
"Lean muscle, regardless of the animal, usually consists of approximately 21 percent protein, 73 percent water, 5 percent fat, and 1 percent ash (the mineral component of muscle)."
From: http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/techniques/fluorescence/gallery/rawmeat.html

Then it should be 100g protein is ~500g meat, dried to ~160g jerky, plus 160g tallow (? is tallow 100% fat?) = 320g pemmican which is about what I eat/day.
That fits with the low fat headaches caused by snacking on jerky which cause the low-fat headache. Protein poisoning!

So I should be snacking with fat, the problem is and has been that the only edible-tasting fat on hand is tallow, all of which tastes from uninteresting at best to bland.

Do you know of fat that tastes like a snack? Or is it a question of getting used to blah stuff?

If you remember a source url for the 100g maximum protein/day I would appreciate it.

William