From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 23:59:49 +0100
On 10 Jun 2008, at 12:57, william wrote:

> Because of all the stuff in it, locally.

Well, that's an issue with the chocolate *product* not the chocolate.
I prefer to buy 100% cocoa chocolate, but it's very expensive, and not
available organic.  In the shop,  I'm forced to choose between organic
with soy lecithin (eg G&B, Tesco - although, although soy is a minor
ingredient in both brands) and non-organic without any soy derivatives
(eg Lindt).  Usually I go for the organic one on the basis that
there's probably less than the equivalent of one soy bean in each bar.

Of course I have the luxury of not reacting to soy, and I doubt
there's enough soy in the amount of chocolate I eat to poison me...

> So I buy organic raw cacao powder and add coconut oil and (horrors!)
> enough organic dark brown sugar to cut the bitterness.

Have you tried honey?  Or won't it set then?

Ashley