From:
wayne hammons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:23:02 -0600
I am not a doctor.  I have researched this and spoke to my doctor and found that they are not serious enough for the men of great knowledge to spend to much energy on finding out the causes.I have gotten ulcer type cold sores most of my life and although they have reduced significantly since I am eating paleo I will occasionally get one.  I think they are a bacteria infection (some doctors insist that they are virus but I have seen them respond to antibiotics) and your body usually deals with the bacteria in your mouth just fine.  Except when it is under stress from a SAD diet or something.I have tried many so called cures but the only thing I have found that has really worked well enough to recommend is table honey. I have only had one episode of mouth sores since I read that this works and tried it and it worked outstandingly.  However, this is a case study N=1.  I will need to get more sores before I can try it again and as I stated I don't get them very often.Good Luck> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:53:24 -0400> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Seeking Paleo Solution to Cold Sores> To: [log in to unmask]> > Anyone else out there who gets cold sores find that altering their paleo diet in > certain ways speeds the healing?  I ask because I've been under lots of > work/family stress recently and the mother of all cold sores popped up under > my lip right above the chin crease.  I'm in the sun daily for 1-2 hours but sun > has never bothered me before.  Only significant diet changes have been that > I've been eating way more pumpkin seeds (raw) and dry roasted almonds than > usual -- stress eating... I also had some teeth whitening recently -- at home > but the gel was from the dentist -- used it 2 days and my gums got very > sore.  Maybe that's related?
http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlmailtextlink