From:
michael raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 19:23:08 -0800
I have recently started using nasal irrigation on the
recommendation from a ENT as part of a plan to address
excessive post-nasal drip.  I found a sinus rinse
system that works well.  I think the company is
NeilMed (although that is from memory as I don't have
it with me right now).  I got mine at Rite Aid.  I
comes with a 8 oz bottle and packets of a mixture of
sodium bicarbonate and sodium chloride (the mixture
balances the pH).  With this system you hold your head
down and squirt 2 - 4 oz. up each nostril.  The
solution runs out of the other nostril.  It doesn't
contain any preservatives.  Before this I tried a
nasal spray with preservatives and I stopped using it
because of how bad it tasted.  The sinus rinse I am
using is now is very effective and just tastes like
salt.  The instructions recommend using it twice a
day, but I find that using it four times a day works
best for me.

Mike

>From:
=?windows-1252?Q?Philip?=<[log in to unmask]>