Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 20:43:06 -0500
Paula H. wrote:
> I began to develop bunions after I was eating paleo - not before. ...
> I ate SAD until I was 43.  Then, LC for two years,
> progressing to paleo ever since.

I am surprised that noticeable symptoms did not display at all (beyond
overpronation and structural defects) until after you were eating Paleo.
Forgive me, but I don't recall exactly what foods you've been eating. Are
you sure you're not eating any of the non-Paleo foods (grains, dairy,
legumes, tubers or artificial ingredients)? From some of the posts in this
forum you might think that dairy is Paleo, but it's not. Not even raw,
organic dairy. While the Weston A. Price people are the most prominent
advocates of raw dairy, even they don't claim it's Paleo.

As I mentioned before, acute bunion is a type of bursitis. Bursitis has been
connected to dairy foods by some sources (see www.foodintol.com/health.asp,
http://www.nutritionalupdates.com/nutrition_for_bursitis.htm,
http://www.richters.com/newdisplay.cgi?page=./QandA/Medicinal/20020717-1.htm
l&cart_id=14660.523,
http://www.rehabedge.com/Milk_Elizabeth_Noble.pdf).

If you've been following the advice of some who advocate a non-Paleo food
like raw dairy, your body may be telling you that it's time to question that
advice and reconsider the advice of the true Paleo diet advocates--Ray
Audette, Loren Cordain, S. Boyd Eaton, Staffan Lindeberg, etc.--who
recommend avoiding dairy products and who support their view with numerous
scientific references.